Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Our client is a leading utilities company, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 15,000 people.
This position will work with both key business stakeholders and the Supply Chain team, to support business owners to develop and manage a suite of contracts & supplier relationships to support the ambition of the Business unit and the client as a whole.
This includes contributing to the identification of a range of third party services required to support the business plans, developing supply chain strategies, gaining Supply Chain Manager and Business Stakeholders “Buy in” and the timely delivery of a portfolio of contracts to support the agreed supply chain strategy.
You will report to the Supply Chain Manager – Technology, Contact centres & BPO. This role is primarily to focus on managing IT and back office process providers
- To identify requirements and support the delivery of the Supply Chain Strategy for the assigned category, in conjunction with the business strategy, taking account of other activities within the Supply Chain portfolio and helping to drive the supply chain strategy to conclusion in a timely and professional manner;
- Ensure that business support teams, such as Legal and other stakeholders, are contributing to the delivery of the portfolio. The Senior Supply Chain Specialist will manage the workflow to ensure that the ‘Acquire Goods and Services’ process is carried out in a timely manner that meets business expectations;
- Ensure that all supply chain activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with supply chain policy and procedures;
- To generate and record savings for the company through effective supply chain management;
- Develop a supplier base that is appropriate to the size and complexity of the organisation, and mitigate supplier risk;
- Ensure that third party suppliers and contractors work in alignment with health, safety, environment and quality practices and standards;
- Ensure that suppliers deliver the expected goods and services, to the required quality, in a timely manner and at agreed costs. Manage exceptions effectively and ensure mitigating actions are put in place and delivered;
- Ensure that risks are understood and mitigated to an agreed level, through effective contracts and the development of appropriate professional relationships with key suppliers and contractors;
- Assist with the ongoing review of Supply Chain practices and procedures as well as carry out ad hoc project work when required
Skills and qualifications
- The post holder will ideally be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or a student member working towards the professional qualification
- Ideally managed offshore IT and back office BPO service providers
- Some background knowledge of IR project work and methodologies would be highly advantageous – ITIL, Agile, Waterfall etc.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills with experience and ability in working with and advising Senior Management
- Experience of developing supply chain strategies for projects.
- A good level of understanding of contract and commercial law and sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience in Bid Process Management including supplier sourcing, documentation, evaluation and selection and managing the tendering and award of contracts for high value multidiscipline contracts.
- Experienced in negotiating high value contracts.
- Commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues, and drive complex commercial negotiations to conclusion.
- Team player with proven experience working with cross functional teams.
- Project planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Contract Management experienced with an offshore provider desired