My client is a professional services group providing specialist management consultancy. They have an ethos of doing the right thing for their clients, and a shared focus on the customer experience and how to improve it – with the end goal of increasing value for their clients.
The Consultancy is made up of both experienced Management Consultants and Practitioners, offering specialist insight and knowledge to their clients for each project. Although specialist in knowledge, their client portfolio varies in sector, however they are particularly strong in the retail, utilities and telecom sectors.
Working within client organisations, the Senior Consultant manages the lifecycle of small to medium projects, and/or significant work packages within larger projects, providing support and expertise in areas often outside of the client organisation’s sphere or experience. They take responsibility for developing solutions, managing the client relationship, leading small teams and delivering on time and to budget.
- Manage £100k projects and/or significant work packages (within larger projects), with minimal guidance, ensuring that budget and client satisfaction is optimised.
- Work with client to clearly understand their needs, agree expectations, test potential solutions and keep them updated on progress.
- Define scope, create project plan, construct storyboard and agree deliverables and approach for assigned work.
- Coordinate research and data collection to understand the organisation.
- Design, lead and facilitate customer focus groups and client workshops.
- Lead teams; assign work according to capability and development needs, coach and develop team members, create team spirit, review completed work checking solution fit and quality, collate recommendations and produce final presentation.
- Work with finance to translate proposed solution into high level costs and benefits and provide relevant inputs for business case if required.
- Present findings to senior client team, selling the solution with clarity and confidence.
- Demonstrate and encourage strong adherence to company processes and solution methodologies.
- Supervise and mentor colleagues.
- Share own knowledge and act as SME (Subject Matter Expert) where possible.
- Continually develop own skill set and experience, keeping Customer Management (channels, customer preferences, technology, solutions and operations) knowledge fresh and up to date.
- Contribute to the development of company’s way of working, tools and methodologies.
- Support company’s growth by identifying additional sales opportunities from the existing client base and by producing blogs, articles and case studies to promote the business brand.
- Degree educated or equivalent, with 7 years’ experience in consulting and/or a customer management role
- Experienced Customer Management practitioner – having worked in operational delivery and senior management/leadership roles for credible organisations
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Dedicated to personal delivery of exceptional results
- Ability to take initiative, optimise available resources and deliver in demanding circumstances
- Exceptional communicator with proven ability to develop trusted and close client relationships
- Track record of planning and executing change management
James Phillips – firstname.lastname@example.org