New Business Commercial Manager
Our client is a is a leading contact centre software and full unified comms solution provider who partners with some of the leading customer management technology vendors such as Avaya. They require a New Business Commercial Manager. In particular the client is experiencing excellent growth in CX digital solutions e.g. livechat, chat bots and AI etc.
Excellent base salary, car allowance and uncapped bonus paid on new business profit. Commission is paid upfront on booked value for whole contract duration.
You would be responsible for the acquisition of Enterprise Target Account customers for the client, by building and maintaining positive relationships with prospective customers, producing and driving the delivery of propositions for enhanced support solutions and services offered to the client over varying lengths of sales cycles. Client interface is generally at the higher or executive management level with technical or operational contacts.
This is a field based role with travel to client’s London office and client sites in London and the South East. The client would expect you to be on client sites 3-4 days a week once fully up and running. Other times you will be home based.
- New Business Development – once an appropriate client is found, identify potential projects and services that Our client could supply and gain signed order/contract for Our client to contract for these services. This must be done whilst always minimising commercial risk of debt for /Our client.
- Pipeline Management- Build and maintain a pipeline across our clients products and services that represent opportunities at different stages of maturity, i.e.; early opportunities, those at proposal stage and those that are at closure. Spending enough time developing these 3 areas are key to ensuring consistent quarterly performance.
- Quarterly Performance – bias towards selling into the Avaya Target Account base, Our clients enhanced support portfolio. With the additional benefit of selling Our clients range of products, professional services, support and managed/hosted offerings. Maximising GP and contribution recognition across these areas
- Lead Generation – creating new business meetings through self-generation, personal networks
- Demand Generation – Using insight on the company, their customer experience and ways of working to intentionally create demand and interest proactively in Our clients Contact Centre technology solutions.
- Target Accounts – Responsible for building intimate knowledge on the companies with Contact Centres in your defined territory
- Presentations – Responsible for creating and presenting Our clients solutions to its prospects/customers at a very high standard.
- Proposals –. Working with various other departments to create bid responses and tenders and acting as the ultimate authority before release to the customer
- Negotiation – As the commercial lead, responsible for driving the pricing and win strategy for each opportunity. Strong negotiation skills to maximise return and protect the integrity of each deal.
Required Skills / Experience
- Must have experience in selling Contact Centre, Unified Comms, Cloud, or Hosting and Networking.
- Proven background in selling Avaya CC and UC technology
- Proven, demonstrable over-performance in a new business sales role
- Solid experience in proposal writing/presentation generation
- Proven track record in personal opportunity development & maintaining a network of lead sources
- Excellent spoken and excellent written English: able to explain issues clearly and in detail to a variety of audiences
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel. Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to confidently present to senior people
- Strong interpersonal skills in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with cross functional teams. With a desire to exceed customer expectations
- The ability to address customers at a technical level
Contact – Brian Shuttleworth